Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Primrose


Isn't she is a beauty?  This is the first primrose to come out in my garden.  Spring is on the way.  I love these humble little wild flowers, creamy petals, happy little faces - so simple and pure.  Looking for new buds in the garden and discovering little wild blooms in the hedgerows makes me happy.  Simple pleasures I know but aren't they the best ones? When you sigh contentedly and say to yourself "life is good" or "ah, La Vie en Rose".  

The literal translation for the French phrase 'La Vie en Rose' is Life in Pink, the English expression is 'to look at life with rose tinted glasses'.  To me the phrase 'La Vie en Rose' (with a little poetic licence),  means Life in or among the Roses, well my 'pink' are my roses and flowers.  The primrose (Primula Vulgaris) comes from the Old French primerosa or the Latin prima rosa, meaning 'first rose'.  So she is the first rose of my garden this Spring.

4 comments:

Dee Sewell said...

Lovely pics. Am still waiting for my primroses and daffodils to pop up. We have a purple crocus though :)

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hey Dee, thanks for stopping by! Crocus are lovely! meant to put some down but never got round to it :)

Aran said...

Hay fever !! Nic pic thou

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Thanks Aran! I know, flowers remind you of hay fever!! :( time to start taking your preventative drops!!

Sharon
xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...