Friday, August 3, 2012

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint comes to La Vie en Rose in Cork





I am very proud to announce that I am stocking Annie Sloan Chalk Paint at La Vie en Rose - my Home and Garden Boutique!  I first came across this paint about a year ago on Amercian blogs where people were raving about this amazing paint that was easy to use and gave a beautiful chalky finish.   For those of you not familiar with this paint it is a water based paint, containing water, chalk and colour pigments so non toxic and eco friendly!!  It's easy to apply and you do not have to prime or sand before application.  It gives a wonderfully chalky finish and if you are painting furniture you can apply Annie Sloan wax over the paint to protect the finish. 

I couldn't wait to get my hands on a tin and experiment.   Then I decided to open the shop and applied to be a stockist.   The shop came together quite quickly as it happened and I just became an official stockist two weeks before it opened.   The next available stockist training course happened to be last week (just one week after opening!!!) so I packed my bags and headed over to Oxford to meet ANNIE SLOAN!!!!!

As you can imagine I was very excited to meet the great Annie Sloan.  I already loved her paint and I couldn't wait to find out more.  I flew into Heathrow the night before and just went to my hotel slept and got up early the next morning and made my way to the Annie Sloan shop on Cowley Road, Oxford where we were meeting up.  The shop is in a very Bohemian part of Oxford as I passed antique and vintage shops on my way there in the cab.   I arrived at the shop and met the other stockists who were also there for the course.  They were all lovely and soon we were talking shop, there were a few stockists from Ireland which was lovely.   Then Annie arrived and we all walked up the road to the studio where the training workshop took place.  

Annie Sloan is an amazing woman.  Annie's Chalk paint is now famous and sold all over the world and she has written over 20 books on traditional paints, colours and techniques and sold over 2 million copies!!   It was an honour to meet her as not only is she a creative, inspiring woman she is also a lovely person, down to earth and very funny.  We learned a lot and laughed a lot during the workshop.



 Annie ran the workshop herself ably assisted by Jane and Charlotte both part of the Annie Sloan team in Oxford.


me and Annie Sloan

During the workshop we learned all about the paint and various techniques - I was in my element!  



Annie Sloan giving the workshop

 Jane
The workshop was fantastic and I'm already looking forward to the next one!  Thank you Annie, Jane and Charlotte!!  Afterwards, I walked back down to the shop to  check out how the paint was displayed and get some tips!
Annie Sloan Shop in Oxford


There were some amazing pieces in the shop . . .


a lovely corner unit . . .





chest of drawers painted in red, white and blue . . .




gorgeous chandeliers and mirrors . . . 




A very inspiring day!  Tired but happy I headed back home to Cork full of ideas!!  So now we have Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Waxes, Brushes and Books for sale at La Vie en Rose.  I've also been busy painting furniture with the paint which is also for sale - in store now!!!

9 comments:

Pura Vida said...

what a great post...so much to look at. I am just loving the Union Jack stuff this summer!

Pura Vida said...

ps...nice to see who you are and your pretty face!

Apple Blossom Barn said...

Just found you through pinterest love your shop where in cork is it? I have used Annie Sloan paint lovely finish to it I did not have soft wax so used bees wax is it the same I wonder ? Wishing you all the best with your shop
Best wishes
Denise

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How exciting!

Woodside Park said...

Sharon - Very cool! You are smiling so much in the photos. Your joy, enthusiasm and passion.....all fantastic! I am incredibly able 4 U, my friend :-)
Congrats on being an Annie Sloan stockist. You know how much I love painted furniture.
xoxo,
Loi

Paula said...

Oh how wonderful to meet Annie Sloan! I've been using her paint for ages and it's a miracle paint for a crafting novice such as myself - as you say, it gets the job done without all that fussy sanding and priming. It's actually made me enjoy painting furniture and transforming things - I've even been brave enough to sell a few bits on ebay - something I would NEVER have imagined myself doing back in my magazine years - lol! It's wonderful to see you looking so joyous and just plain HAPPY! Being a shop owner obviously agrees with you very much - it's lovely to see!
Best wishes,
Paulax

Leslie said...

Sharon

I'm so excited for you and your enthusiasm is contagious! I bought some of this paint in Graphite and have used it on small items. I love it!

The shop is looking great!

The Snowdrop Project said...

Hi Sharon,
Love Annie Sloan paints, and love that you are a stockist for her(and them!).
Look forward to seeing pieces of furniture that you create for your shop.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lizx

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hello Apple Blossom Barn! Welcome to the blog! My shop is in Ballinspittle just outside Kinsale in County Cork. On my way over to your blog!

Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...