Sunday, August 5, 2012

Furniture painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint


First of all I'd like to say a big thank you to all my dear blog friends who take the time to comment and read all my posts.  Your support over the last few months since I started this blog means so much to me - thank you to all of you!  Since some of you live far away here are some photos of the interior of the shop.   I still have a lot to do to get it finished but we're getting there and slowly getting more organised every day!   
 
Arch Top Bookcase painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Main colour Paris Grey and highlight colour Old White - all pieces painted by moi!!

La Vie en Rose has been open now for 2 weeks!!! I'm happy to report that we've had a great response from all our new customers.   So many people living in the village have called in to wish us well and buy something for good luck, which is very much appreciated.  The lovely Shannen (who owns Diva, the cafe next door) has been calling in to see how we're getting on and Diva's has been supplying me with endless coffee and toasted BLT's!!!  - again hugely appreciated.    

 French Mirror, Grey Urn and Annie Sloan Fabric swatches in background at La Vie en Rose

The new customers seem to love the shop which is a relief!!   There are a lot of 'ooohs' and 'aaaahs' and 'wows' when people walk through the door which is always a good sign!   There is huge interest in the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and everyone loves the colours and the chalky finish on all the painted furniture in the shop, which is fantastic.

I painted all the furniture in the shop myself with the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and finished them in Annie Sloan wax.  The paint is a dream to work with, it just goes on so easily.   I also found the wax very easy to work with as it's a very soft wax the consistency of soft butter.  You just brush it on and wipe it off with a lint free cloth!

Bookcase painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - a mix of Louis Blue and Paris Grey.


 Vintage Wardrobe painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (again in my favourite colour at the moment - a mix of Paris Grey and Louis Blue)

I was going to finish this sideboard below in a clear wax but now I think I'll antique it with a little dark wax - what do you think??

 Vintage Sideboard Painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (Main colour a mix of Louis Blue and Paris Grey, highlight colour Old White ).

You know already how much I love mirrors I have one of these in my dining room - now in stock in the shop!

We also have clocks all shapes and sizes.   The large red metal one is huge!

 Clocks at La Vie en Rose


 La Vie en Rose

Hope you enjoyed the little tour of the shop! 


Sharon
xxxxx



24 comments:

Pura Vida said...

Sharon...such prettiness all around. I love everything!!! The fresh flowers are like wonderful elevator music..you don't really pay that much attention..but the touch is so nice

Susan T said...

Everything is looking exquisite. I do wish I lived nearer I would never be out of your shop.

Paula said...

Oh it's all SO beautiful! Exactly the colours and style that I love - I wish that I could transport it ALL lock stock and barrel to Hill House! I'm currently in love with Annie Sloan's 'Antoinette' - a soft and chalky pink. I'm painting absolutely everything in my twin girls' room with it - I think that I may be going over board, but as you say, it goes on so easily, and always leaves such a perfect finish. Quite addictive - it's hard to think that once upon a time, my addiction of choice was shoes!!!
Paula xxx
p.s. The sideboard looks gorgeous, but it will look equally as lovely, and perhaps more characterful with a little bit of dark wax I think. xx

The Snowdrop Project said...

Brilliant job, Sharon.
Shop all looks fab.
Have a lovely day,
Lizx

Woodside Park said...

Thank you for the tour of your beautiful and charming shop, Sharon. You should come to DC and teach me how to paint. Well done, you! Everything looks fabulous....love all the Annie Sloan colors you've chosen.
xoxo,
Loi

Pura Vida said...

I love everything in here!!!

Leslie said...

Sharon, great job! Love what you're doing. Such pretty peices and nice looking clocks !!

xx
leslie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, Everything has come together really well in just over 2 weeks.What an achievement!I called on your opening day and it was just so nice to see all that had been dreamt up and shared on these pages come to fruition.Must pop by again perhaps this week to pick up a few bits and then lunch in the divine Divas next door.The two combined really is the perfect midweek treat.The word about West Cork is really positive for La V.Have you fixed on particular opening days? Continued success.. xxx Mary

Elizalily said...

I just love everything about your shop,where abouts in cork is it,I will be in cork end of august and would love to visit.
I'm also interested in the mirror,paint,sideboard and coat stand in the photos.will you post more photos of your stock?
Will you be setting up a website/Facebook page with prices and photos?
And congratulations on the opening I hope you will be very sucessful and happy in your new venture,well done!

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hi Everyone and thank you for all your lovely comments, they really do mean so much to me!!!

Sharon
xxxx

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hey Mary, it was SO good to see you at the opening day! Thank you for coming and for the balloons!!! Since you've been we've done even more to the shop and put up lights and chandeliers! Our opening hours for August are:

Mon - Sat: 10.00 - 18.00
Sun: 12.00 - 18.00

Hope to see you soon and glad to hear that word has spread so quickly to Clon!!! UP WEST CORK!!!
Sharon
xxxx

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hello and a warm welcome to the blog Elizalilly! thank you for your lovely comment. You're welcome back anytime with comments like this :) Would also love to have you visit La Vie en Rose when you visit Cork! I have a Facebook page you can access it from the sidebar on the right of the blog page. My website is being finished at the moment and will be live very soon!! Do you have a blog? Please let me know, I didn't see any details in your Friend Connect Google profile and I'll follow you! Many thanks, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Oh Goody. Lots of opportunities for shopping then!!
Tried everywhere for balloons in French Grey but the discount store was all out of them.
Xxxx Mary

A Life Un-Styled said...

Dear Sharon, the colors are just lovely and the fresh flowers are a beautiful touch. I wish I were closer by so I could wander through the store slowly, taking my time and imagining the stories behind all the different pieces. Congratulations...again and again and again :)

Annie said...

Oh, how I would love to come and visit your shop. Having lived in Ireland for 2 years I still make it across to Dublin every now and then...but I think I will need to add a jaunt south to Kinsale...

On a ASCP note - the painting workshop I attended suggested just rubbing the wax on with a cloth (rather than a brush) - that worked well with the small pieces in the workshop, but I found it a little troublesome with my large bookshelves. Do you use a brush to apply wax (and then rub off with a cloth)?

Bluebells and Lavender said...

Hi Sharon, once again congratulations, the interior of the shop looks beautiful and inviting, I'm sure you will do well and have regular customers before too long! I love Annie Sloan's Paris Grey, a favourite colour of mine - I have several pieces done in this colour. Have a lovely weekend. Sharon x

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hi Annie, well if you do make it to Kinsale on your next trip I'd love you to call to the shop!!

Re applying wax - You can use a cloth to apply wax but I use the largest size Annie Sloan brush to apply all my clear wax as I find it goes on easier than a cloth! Then I use a small or medium for applying the dark wax - depending on the piece I'm doing. Then I use a lint free cloth (my cloth of choice is a square of old muslin - Mothercare baby muslins) but any lint free cloth will do - an old cotton t-shirt or sheet are best and easy available at second hand shops! Sharon

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Mary - you have me cracking up at the idea of French Grey balloons - you could be on to something there!! Lovely to see you again today! Thanks for coffee - my treat next time!!

Sharon
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how beautiful! Is the mix of Paris Gray and Loui Blue half and half?

Kerry

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hi Kerry! and welcome to the blog! Thank you for leaving a comment I love to hear from my readers!!! Yes the paint is half Paris Grey and half Louis Blue. I think I will try it with more Paris Grey the next time and see how that turns out.

Sharon

Júlia Fusinato said...

Wow! I was trying to find one thing I liked to comment but can not... I loved everything!
xo,

nangarabiojoias.blogspot.com
nangara.com.br

Unknown said...

I truly appreciate the content of your blog.. Keep going.nice pics....

Antique furniture

Mary Mc said...

Sept 26th ,
Hi Sharon ,I came upon your blog by sheer fluke (googled "Annie Sloan paints in Ireland" ) .I absolutely love your blog its very professional and really cheers me up .
I plan to visit Cork & am planning to go out to Kinsale (my husband wont have any idea whats going on until the last minute-I think sometimes he thinks I go OTT with interiors but my philopsophy is that you live your life largely in your house & you only have one life:) Well done Sharon -keep up the good work , you are very inspirational .Mary

Amy Chalmers said...

My sister sent me the link to your blog, and she is right that we have much in common~I am also an Annie Sloan stockist in Boston, but our esthetic is much the same and it was a pleasure discovering your blog and looking at your home photos and your shop! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...